Upcoming Electronic Application Processing - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I only complete an application via computer, or can I still complete the paper application?
- Paper will no longer be accepted, but a kiosk is available at the Public Counter (in Phoenix) for public use. In addition, you will be able to input electronic applications from any computer connected to the internet.
How do I apply online without a computer?
- Paper will no longer be accepted, but a kiosk is available at the Public Counter (in Phoenix) for public use. In addition, you will be able to input electronic applications from any computer connected to the internet. Examples of internet access computers are home/family, library, Fedex Kinkos (pay for usage), etc.
How can I send the attachments (maps, surveys, and other pertinent or supplemental documents) once applications are electronic?
- You will be able to upload these documents into the Arizona State Land Department system. If it is a paper document, you will need to scan a copy of the document and save it first. If it is an electronic document, you can upload it. Directions for uploading will be included in the electronic application.
Do you accept credit card payment for the application filing fee?
- At this time, credit card payments are not supported. You can walk in with a check or money order. You can also mail the check or money order to Arizona State Land Department, Attention: Cash Office, 1616 W. Adams Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007
How do I submit the application fee?
- Credit card payments are not supported, but you can walk in with a check or money order. You can also mail the check or money order to Arizona State Land Department, Attention: Cash Office, 1616 W. Adams Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Is my application fee refundable?
- Application fees are non-refundable.
What if I don't see the type of application I want to submit in the list on the website?
- There will be a generic application form to be used for any applications not specifically mentioned in the list. There will be instructions at the beginning of that application regarding how to complete it.
What if I have an existing, in-process application?
- The in-process applications will be processed in the same manner as they are today. There will be no changes until new applications are submitted in mid-September.
- After we move to electronic applications in mid-September, if you have in-process applications that started prior to this time, you will also be able to view the current status of these applications using the customer portal.
Can I check the status of my application before the transition to electronic applications?
- If you need to check the status of your application prior to the transition, you will use the same methods you are currently using.
How will I sign my electronic application?
- You will be prompted to input a digital signature while you are inputting the electronic application. This will serve as verification of the information contained in the application.
Does my application need to be notarized?
- Some applications may need to be notarized. For the few applications requiring notary verification, instructions will be included in the electronic application.
- If a notarization is required, you will need to print the page, have it notarized, scan the page and upload it into the application.
Will I get a copy of the application?
- You will have the ability to print the contents of the electronic application before submission.
Will I get verification I submitted the application?
- Yes, you will receive an email confirmation of the electronic submission of the application. In order to do this, please ensure you have input your email address when adding your contact information.
Can I make changes to the application after submittal?
- Changes to the applications can be made by contacting Arizona State Land Department.
What happens after I submit the application?
- Even though the application will be input electronically in the future, the overall application processing will remain the same. You will also be able to check real-time status of your application as well as be notified when the status of your application changes.
Can I access my application from my mobile device?
- Yes. You will be able to check status of your applications using a standard browser from a mobile device.
If you have further questions, please contact us through one of the methods below:
Web Feedback Form