Arizona Revised Statutes §37-215 prescribes that all land sales and commercial leases are to be approved by the Arizona State Land Department Board of Appeals (Board), which also serves as an Administrative Review Board.
ASLD Applicants and lessees may appeal a final decision of the State Land Commissioner to the Board; appealable Board decisions are related to State Trust land appraisals and classifications.
The ASLD Board of Appeals consists of five board members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the State Senate for six-year terms. The State’s 15 counties are divided into 3 separate districts, which three members are selected to represent, and two members hold positions-at-large.
The Board meets monthly unless special circumstances warrant additional meetings. Virtually all meetings are held in Phoenix. For more information on board activities, meetings and agenda items, call (602) 542-2505, or email [email protected].
In 2018-19, the members of the Board of Appeals are:
- Travis R. Bard, chairperson, represents the Third District, which consists of Apache, Coconino, Mohave, Navajo, and Yavapai counties
- Keri L. Silvyn, vice chairperson, represents the First District, which consists of Cochise, Graham, Greenlee, Pima, and Santa Cruz counties.
- Sandra Kelley, member at large.
- Norman Chappell, represents the Second District, which consists of Gila, La Paz, Maricopa, Pinal and Yuma counties.
- Richard C. Cole, member at large.
Meeting Notice [NEEDS LINK]
Agenda [NEEDS LINK]
Meetings and agendas for prior meetings are listed here.